[Samba] Mapped drives gets disconnected ?

Smith, Daniel A(Z07833) Daniel.Smith at pinnaclewest.com
Thu Oct 10 14:35:01 GMT 2002

I've seen that problem here with Windows 2000 SP2. I'm thinking Microsoft did something to break the connections.  I've reduced the problem here by makeing the deadtime in smb.conf to less then the time out on the windows machine.

You can determine the windows time out by typing "net config server" at a command prompt.
I've included my smb.conf so you can see what I have running.  It's hasn't fixed the problem completely, but it's reduced the headaches a whole lot.

Dan Smith
Sr. System Analyst
Pinnacle West Shared Services
"If you can't get your work done in 24 hours a day,
work nights"

[global]
        workgroup = WWWWWW
        netbios name = NNNNNNNN
        security = SERVER
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        hosts equiv = /etc/hosts.equiv
        password server = pppppp
        username map = /appls/public/samba/lib/user.map
        password level = 8
        syslog = 0
        deadtime = 10
        keepalive = 0
        socket options = SO_KEEPALIVE
        printcap name = /appls/public/samba/lib/printcap
        dfree command = /appls/public/samba/bin/dfree.sh
        NIS homedir = Yes
        create mask = 0664
        force create mode = 0664
        printing = bsd