[Samba] 'spoolss_connect_to_client(91)' errors

Ben Brown bbrown at regsrv.nw.uoguelph.ca
Tue Oct 8 15:03:01 GMT 2002

hey all,

my NT based clients (2K/XP) are having trouble with the rpc client stuff
when trying to view printer status.

I'm running 2.2.4 on a RedHat 7.3 system, with CUPS as the printing
system.  When viewing the list of shared printers I get messages in my
samba logs saying:

[2002/10/08 10:49:24, 0]
rpc_client/cli_spoolss_notify.c:spoolss_connect_to_client(91)
   connect_to_client: unable to connect to SMB server on machine REG238.
Error was : SUCCESS - 0.

I'm assuming this is the client connect back to update the printer
status.  But I'm not too sure why there is a problem connecting..

Is there a service on the clients that I should be running, but maybe
I'm not?  I'm running the rp services, as well as the 'Server' service.
  Is there something I'm overlooking?

Any insight, tips or hints would be much appreciated.  TIA!

Ben Brown
UofG