[Samba] name_query failed to find name

Prianggada I Tanaya prianggada.indratanaya at indonesian-aerospace.com
Tue Oct 8 08:41:00 GMT 2002

Hello ...

$ping prova

from prova itself and if succeeded, from other host.
doest it work ?

If it does not work,
You have to go to network configuration,
K/system/network configuration
You need root password !!
Tabbed --> Hosts
add IP NAME ALIASES

You should add this in prova and also from other hosts.

check with ping again.

Does this work (try again).

nmblookup -B localhost '*'
nmblookup -B [your_ip_addr] '*'
nmblookup -B prova '*'  .. do this from prova itself
nmblookup -B prova '*'  .. but do this from other host.

Hope that will solve the problem.
regards
++ pit ++