[SAMBA] config/performance problem on solaris 8

Justin Richards jwr at black0ps.org
Thu Nov 28 20:40:01 GMT 2002

using iostat and doing some basic file testing such as:
time dd if=/dev/zero of=./tst bs=8192 count=8192
time dd if=./tst of=/dev/null bs=8192 count=8192

my write speed was about 13.5 meg a sec, and read was 13 meg a sec.

I didn't explain my disk set up before, let me do that briefly.

I have a SUN 1010 fiber disk array, with 16 18gig drives and 10 9gig drives.
The file systems I am doing my tests on are a stripe of 4 18gig drives.  I
also did some tests with a SUN 711 attached to the same system which has a
36 gig drive in it, with that I get right under 20 meg/sec read and right
(711 is attached with fast-wide scsi)

I'm going to recompile 2.2.7 and see if I get any different results..