[Samba] Another Samba+ACLs thread

Markus Amersdorfer markus.amersdorfer at aon.at
Wed Nov 27 08:14:01 GMT 2002

On Wed, 27 Nov 2002 11:22:19 +0800
Andrew Furey <andrew at terminus.net.au> wrote:

> On further investigation, it appears that I _can_ modify existing
> ACLs, and I can even remove them (users, at least); but I can't add
> users to the ACL, which is what I really need.

Your w2k-client has to join the Windows-Domain.

I only tried this once with the Samba-Server being the domain's PDC and
a w2k-client being directly connected to it.
As long as the client had not joined the domain, I could not add users
which were generally known to the server but only change ACLs of users
which were already "attached" to the file.

So long,
Max

--
The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.
                       <Cpt. Picard, "The Drumhead", StarTrek TNG>

http://homex.subnet.at/~max/