[Samba] Change directory permissions

Saulius Gurklys sagu at isl.vtu.lt
Tue Nov 26 17:11:01 GMT 2002

Hello,
   Problem is that I have one program witch tries to unset readonly
permission on directory before deletion( it works this way and I can not
do anything about it), but fails because sometimes
directories is owned by other users ( user which runs program belongs to group
which has write perms on direcory, so with Windows Explorer there is no problem
to delete) and permissions can not be set.

Is there some option like "dos filemode" for directories ?

If user is not owner of file, but belongs to group which
has write permision on "file", then such user is able to
change file permissions.

  But with directories it is not possible. Or am I wrong?
Or maybe I'm missing something?

Thanks,
--
Saulius