[Samba] windows 9x Cannot find Domain server

Frank Matthieß fm+samba at Microdata-POS.de
Tue Nov 26 15:12:01 GMT 2002

On Sun, Nov 24, 2002 at 09:01:14PM -0200, tpops wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I running on Solaris, and configured Samba to be a
> domain logon server for windows9x boxes. In the dialog
> box that appear in the startup, I typed the login name,
> the passwd and the domain. Then, it appear the message:
> `There is no Domain server to authenticate your password´
> Colud someone help me ?

Ooops. Faster sending mail than thinking. ;-)

You must told your win 98 machines to use the wins server.

Frank.
--
Frank Matthieß                                    fm+samba at Microdata-pos.de