[Samba] testparm & smbstatus

Frank Matthieß fm+samba at Microdata-POS.de
Tue Nov 26 14:57:00 GMT 2002

On Sun, Nov 24, 2002 at 08:03:41PM +0100, Davide Parise wrote:
> I have started some tests of samba 3. the first think I realized is that
> testparm and smbstatus do not honour the --sysconfigdir or --confdir (i
> could have mispelled in the mail, but not in the tests) as they search for
> the configuration file in /usr/lib, the default path.
>
> smbd anf nmbd work correctly

Do you use another samba suite with other pathes?
What i think is, are you sure to call the right binary?
Think about the path of you shell.

On my shell /usr/local/bin is in front of /usr/bin.

If the new one ist in /usr/bin and the old one /usr/local/bin, you got with
"smbstatus" the old one. Fullyqulaified /usr/bin/smbstatus calls the news one.

smbstatus gives you the sambaversion in the first line.

"strings $(which smbstatus)|grep "^/"|less -S"
in a bash shell on linux will show you all compiled-in pathes

--
Frank Matthieß                                    fm+samba at Microdata-pos.de