[Samba] ACLs with samba

Tom Hallewell hallewellt at rfa.org
Tue Nov 26 00:59:01 GMT 2002

You were right on the --with-acl not being compiled.
The problem now is that once we got acl-dev installed, samba won't compile
at all.  Is there anyone out there using ACLs under Debian Woody and if so,
would you please tell us what versions of the various ACL/ATTR/fileutils
packages you are using?
We have tried with the woody versions of attr/acl (2.0.8) and also rolling
our own packages from the latest greatest at bestbits.
When trying to compile using the woody versions, configure would not detect
the acl binaries, when compiling from the latest bestbits, we got a bunch of
ugly stuff like this:

include/vfs.h:111: parse error before "acl_t"
include/vfs.h:112: parse error before "acl_entry_t"
include/vfs.h:113: parse error before "acl_entry_t"
include/vfs.h:114: parse error before "acl_entry_t"
include/vfs.h:115: warning: no semicolon at end of struct or union
include/vfs.h:116: parse error before '*' token

Any input would be greatly appreciated-we have tried both samba 2.2.6 and
2.2.7 and are running out of ideas...
Tom