[Samba] install from sources samba 2.2.7

John H Terpstra jht at samba.org
Mon Nov 25 18:22:01 GMT 2002

On Mon, 25 Nov 2002, [iso-8859-1] Bjarni Þór Haraldsson wrote:

> 	I´m a newbie to linux and therefore samba
>
> I installed samba-2.2.7 from sources and I was wondering how to make
> scripts for samba like /etc/init.d/smb to start,stop end
> restart/reload it. Thanx bjarni

As a newbie, you are best off using prepackaged binary RPMS available off
the Samba FTP sites. This way you get everything ready to run.

If you want to build your own (ie: Glutton for punishment) check in the
samba tarball:
	cd ~samba/packaging/
	then cd to the directory containing build files for your Linux.

Cheers,
John T.

--
John H Terpstra