[Samba] 2.2.7 and printer status

Thomas Bork knuffelmail at gmx.de
Sat Nov 23 16:41:01 GMT 2002

Hallo Samba-Team,

thank you for 2.2.7.

The only problem I found is an old one:
status of printers served from samba on Windows 2000

I'll try to explain this so clear as possible:

If I have a Windows user "Administrator", which is in Windows
administrative group "Administratoren" and this user is on Samba-side
*mapped* to "root" --> printer status is *ok*.

If I have a Windows user "test" which is in Windows normal user group
"Benutzer" and this user is on Samba-side *not mapped* to "root" -->
printer status is *ok*.

If I have a Windows user "test" which is in Windows administrative
group "Administratoren" and this user is on Samba-side *not mapped* to
"root" --> printer status is *not ok*:

Zugriff verweigert; keine Verbindung möglich (access not permittet; no
connection available)
printing is available

Relevant Information for printing in smb.conf:

Global:

   admin users = root
   printing = lprng
   printcap name = /etc/printcap
   printer admin = root
   load printers = no
   print command = chmod 666 %s;\
                   name="`echo '%J' | sed "s/^.*- //"`" ;\
                   /usr/bin/lpr -P%p -J"$name" %s;\
                   rm %s
   lpq command = /usr/bin/lpq -P%p -L
   lpq cache time = 4
   lprm command = /usr/bin/lprm -P%p %j
   lppause command = /usr/sbin/lpc hold %p %j
   lpresume command = /usr/sbin/lpc release %p %j
   queuepause command = /usr/sbin/lpc stop %p
   queueresume command = /usr/sbin/lpc start %p

Printer Share:

[pr1]
   comment = local printer pr1 on %h
   browseable = yes
   printable = yes
   public = yes
   create mode = 0700
   path = /tmp

Relevant Information for printing in printcap:

pr1:
        :done_jobs=0
        :rw
        :sh
        :lp=/dev/lp0
        :sd=/var/spool/lpd/pr1
        :fx=flp

Relevant Information for printing in lpd.conf:

check_for_nonprintable@
force_localhost
client_config_file=/etc/lpd.conf
filter_ld_path=/lib:/usr/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/local/lib
filter_path=/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr
/lib/filters:/usr/X11R6/bin
mail_operator_on_error=root
pr=/usr/bin/pr
printcap_path=/etc/printcap
printer_perms_path=/etc/lpd.perms
server_config_file=/etc/lpd.conf
server_user=lp
user=lp
group=lp
send_data_first@

Relevant Information for printing in lpd.perms:

ACCEPT SERVICE=C SERVER REMOTEUSER=root
ACCEPT SERVICE=C LPC=lpd,status,printcap
REJECT SERVICE=C
ACCEPT SERVICE=M SAMEHOST SAMEUSER
ACCEPT SERVICE=M SERVER REMOTEUSER=root
REJECT SERVICE=M