[Samba] Weird file copy

Bob Crandell bob at assuredcomp.com
Fri Nov 22 20:23:01 GMT 2002

Hi,

One of my clients is trying to backup a Redhat client/server accounting database to
a Windows computer and one 2K file refuses to copy.

I've set up a cron job that unloads the server, copies the files to another location
and restarts the server.  An hour later, the Windows backup starts up and runs
successfully until it reaches this file, then it just hangs.  No errors, it just
stops.  The backup can be cancelled, so NovaStor isn't locking up.  If I exclude the
file, the backup works.  I don't know if it's a Samba issue, I kind of doubt it.  I
mostly would like to understand what is up with this.

This file, lapdscd, is 2K won't copy even using Windoze Explorer.  There is another
file, Lapdscd, that is 52K.  It will copy.  Notice the capitalization?

It is Samba 2.2.6.
Security = share
The rest of the smb.conf is stock, except for the share I set up to retrieve the
database, which is the only thing they are using Samba for.

Any help will sure save a lot of my hair.

Thanks
--
Bob Crandell
Assured Computing