[Samba] acl: what's missing ?

Markus Amersdorfer markus.amersdorfer at aon.at
Fri Nov 22 19:42:00 GMT 2002

On 22 Nov 2002 13:26:30 +0100
Herbert Hinkelstein <wlb.bag at gmx.net> wrote:

Hi Herbert!

> ii  acl            2.1.1-1        Access control list utilities
> ii  libacl1        2.1.1-1        Access control list shared library
> ii  libacl1-dev    2.1.1-1        Access control list static libraries
> [...]
> checking for sys/acl.h... yes
> checking for _acl... no
> checking for __acl... no
> checking for _facl... no
> checking for __facl... no
> checking whether to support ACLs... no

I think you're missing acl-dev.
Furthermore you need to "activate" ACL in Debian's Samba-packages by
hand.
I described what I did to get ACL with Samba (and XFS as the
filesystem) working here: http://homex.subnet.at/~max/comp-12_xfs.php

Hope this helps.

So long,
Max

--
The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.
                       <Cpt. Picard, "The Drumhead", StarTrek TNG>

http://homex.subnet.at/~max/