[Samba] (fwd from zhaonan@yunxuan.net)

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Nov 20 00:56:02 GMT 2002

On Wed, 2002-11-20 at 10:05, Martin Pool wrote:
> ----- Forwarded message from zhaonan <zhaonan at yunxuan.net> -----
>
> From: "zhaonan" <zhaonan at yunxuan.net>
> Subject: Help me
> Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 16:41:38 +0800
> To: <security at samba.org>
>
>    Dear sir/madam,
>
>    Would you tell me how to get some way to contact your technology support
>    team online.

sometimes help.

>    I have a problem that connect SAMBA and Novell edirectory server. Please
>    tell me how to set up Samba and novell.

Basically, it doesn't work.  You can use plaintext passwords, in which
case it's just like any other PAM app.

You can set up our --with-ldapsam support to use a Novell server, but
you don't get any password sync stuff from the Novell side, as far as I
can tell.

I'm interested in doing work to make this work closer with Novell's own
'SMB password' support - they have much the same problem with their own
SMB server.  I was doing this for a consulting client, but their
timetable got put back, so don't count on anything happening soon.

Andrew Bartlett

Andrew Bartlett                                 abartlet at pcug.org.au
Manager, Authentication Subsystems, Samba Team  abartlet at samba.org
Student Network Administrator, Hawker College   abartlet at hawkerc.net