[Samba] Users changing samba passwords directly from windows client

Michael michael at theasian.net
Mon Nov 18 06:14:13 GMT 2002

Hi Gémes Géza,

Thanks for you reply.

I suppose what you suggested would change windows-based password. I am actually referring to samba shares and accounts created on the Linux Box.
Normally these are done at the shell level, either at the console or through some telnet-equivalent approach.
My question is to ask if such password changes can be done without being at the console, nor using some telnet application.
I want to simply the task of password changes for the users who might, unfortunately, not be "Linux literate".