[Samba] Default Profiles

Freeman, Peter (ERHS) Freeman.Peter at saugov.sa.gov.au
Thu Nov 14 05:12:00 GMT 2002

>You might however find that there are a few problems with
>things such as
>NT SID's stored in the profile needing to be updated for the new user
>(such as those stored in NTUSER.DAT). I'm not an expert so
>this might not
>be correct.

Shouldn't be a problem if you follow the same procedure as making
a local default user.  Go into the User Profiles & copy the profile
to a directory somewhere on your server then use this to copy to a
user profile everytime you create a new user.  (You'd have to do it
this way to get around the SID problem which you'll have if you just
copy the profile directory on its own rather than using the User
Profiles copy mechanism.)