[Samba] new user

Jack Malone jmalone at horizonind.com
Wed Nov 13 19:08:43 GMT 2002

I'm not having any trouble with windows XP an samba here, at work nor at
home either. Now if your trying to run in a domain then I have heard of
others having trouble, but we are just using a workgroup here with no
problems.

One thing to checkout is to see if you have added the users as a samba
user. just creating accounts on the unix/linux machine will not work, you
have to add the users to samba. I use webmin to do this an its very nice an
easy to use.