[Samba] windows -> 2.2.6

Justin Georgeson jgeorgeson at unboundtech.com
Fri Nov 8 08:15:03 GMT 2002

Username and password are the same. I tried the right-clich thing, and
logging in as a different user wasn't an option. I can elect to use a
different username and password from the map network drive dialog, but
that yields the same results, no matter what account info I supply.
smbclient from the linux box shows all the shares listed in smb.conf. I
created a dummy share to see if the maybe only having printers and home
was the problem. No change. testparm says everything is fine. I'm really
flustered.

One other thing I have noticed is that swat doesn't work. I have the
xinetd file provided by the RPM, and I see port 901 open in netstat. But
pointing a browser at it fails to connect. Pointing telnet at it fails
to connect.