[Samba] mount in smbmount

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Thu Nov 7 21:07:01 GMT 2002

On Mon, 4 Nov 2002, Vijay Viswanathan wrote:

> right now ,
> $mount -t smbfs share mountpoint
> it gives wrong fs type, bad option bad super block.

Was your kernel built with smbfs support?

Any error messages from the kernel when you try to mount? Run dmesg and
see if there is anything that looks related to the mount.

> How do I integrate smbmount into mount command ??

/sbin/mount.smbfs should be a symlink pointing to the smbmount binary. But
unless you built samba in some strange way that should already be the
case.

/Urban