[Samba] getent not working correctly

Noel Kelly nkelly at citrusnetworks.net
Mon Nov 4 20:09:00 GMT 2002

Ah - just noticed you say that 'getent passwd' doesn't terminate but hangs.
So clearly the trigger is working but the mechanism is failing somewhere.
How long do you leave it for?  If you have a very large NT user base it
could take a while to list it.  Have a look at 'top' when it hangs and see
if winbind is gobbling up some processor time.

Otherwise, I would recompile new binaries and libraries afresh - I'm out of
ideas, sorry.  Maybe someone else has a suggestion?

Noel