[Samba] Printing probleme Samba 2.2.3.a with CUPS

linux power linuxpower2002 at yahoo.no
Fri Nov 1 19:52:33 GMT 2002

 "Frank Küster geb. Fürst" <ffrank at rz.uni-potsdam.de> wrote:
Let me step in on this topic...

"Gerald (Jerry) Carter" wrote:

> On Sat, 21 Sep 2002, linux power wrote:
>
> > There is a bug in samba printing cups at least for
> > version 2.2.3 and up. It cant resolve -P %p in the
> > print command line. Fix it by replacing -P %p with the
> > absolute path to the printing device found in lpstat
> > -v

You mean this is still a problem in 2.2.5 and 2.2.6? And what can I do
if I don't have a share for each printer, but just a general [printers]
share?

At least it is a bug from 2.2.3.

I dont think you could have a common share to solve this problem.

> So I've been thinking about this and was just about to dig into
> fixing it, but am confused. Did you compile Samba to include
> the cups libraries? If so then setting

Yes I compiled with Cups.

But Used printcap name = lpstat

> [global]
> printing = cups
> printcap name = cups
>
> is all you need. You don't need the "print command" in this
> case as smbd will send directly through the cups API.

I used the print command and replaced -P %p with the absolute path to the printer.

I have problems to: In my setting, the samba spool files aren't deleted
after succesful printing. I have compiled Samba 2.2.5 from a Debian
source package, and I assumed that its prepared to compile with
libcups2. I admit I didn't check (and cannot do this right now). Could
this be the reason?
No. I think the leak of absolute path is the reason.

This command remove the files. Check the syntaks.Here is an examlpe of my command.I have USB printer

print command = lpr /dev/usb/tp0 -o raw %s,rm %s -r

TIA, Frank
--
Ich habe z.Z. nur einmal pro Tag Netzzugang. Daher kommen meine Antworten
langsamer als üblich

Frank Küster geb. Fürst

http://home.no.net/~knutove/knut_ove_hauge_kuren.htm
Prøv betaversjonen av den nye Yahoo! Mail
Nytt design, enklere å bruke, alltid tilgang til Adressebok, Kalender og Notisbok