[Samba] username.map query

Gavin Timmins gft at sandwich.pfizer.com
Tue May 21 06:23:34 GMT 2002

Is there a way to qualify NT usernames in the username map file with their
domain names?

I have the situation where two different people in two different NT domains
that my domain trusts have the same NT username.  So I want to map
dom1\flintstone_f to the unix username fredf, but I do not want to map
dom2\flintstone_f to fredf.

My samba server is using security=domain, and part of a third domain - say
dom3.

Has anyone else run into this problem, and if so, how did you solve it?

Thanks,

Gavin

 Company Legal Notice:
 Unless expressly stated otherwise, this message is confidential and
 may be privileged. It is intended for the addressee(s) only. Access
 to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not an
 addressee, any disclosure or copying of the contents of this e-mail
 or any action taken (or not taken) in reliance on it is unauthorised
 and may be unlawful. If you are not an addressee, please inform the
 sender immediately.

 Pfizer Limited is registered in the UK. Company Number 526209