[Samba] i can`t delete print jobs in my samba server from clients windows

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Fri May 17 19:24:15 GMT 2002

My limited experience (All my stuff is working so I am an expert) suggests to
do the following:
1. Make sure you have the right printing = parameter.
2. Put the exact commands in your printer share to  control the print queue,
for example:
[ps]
	comment = Filtered for Z53
	path = /tmp
	read only = No
	create mask = 0700
	guest ok = Yes
	hosts allow = 192.168.
	printable = Yes
	printing = lprng
 	print command = echo %J %p %s  >>  /tmp/junkJ;\
                       a="`echo '%J' | sed "s/^.*- //"`" ;\
	               echo This is truncated $a >> /tmp/junkJ;\
                       /usr/bin/lpr -Pps  -J"$a"  %s;\
                       rm %s
	lpq command = /usr/bin/lpq -Pps
	lprm command = /usr/bin/lprm -Pps %j
	lppause command = /usr/sbin/lpc hold z53 %j
	lpresume command = /usr/sbin/lpc release z53 %j
	share modes = No

This fancy print command lists the file name in the queue and also truncates it to
get some of the long prefixes off so you can see the real file name. J is
the banner name for lpr and shows up in the queue back on the windows
client.
Note that lpc is in sbin not bin.
3.  Edit /etc/lpd.perms to read:
DEFAULT ACCEPT