[Samba] Problem with Samba 2.2.4 & XP/2000 ?

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Thu May 16 07:34:04 GMT 2002

Just as a quick followup ... this doesn't appear to be XP/2000 related ...
using smbclient, I couldn't do a 'put' to the file either ... but, if I
did a 'get' on the file, removed the file from the file system and then
another put, she worked ...

smb: \> get template_new.html
getting file template_new.html of size 8024 as template_new.html (7835.2 kb/s) (average 5028.8 kb/s)
smb: \> put template_new.html
NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED opening remote file \template_new.html
smb: \> rm template_new.html
smb: \> put template_new.html
putting file template_new.html as \template_new.html (7835.2 kb/s) (average 5028.8 kb/s)
smb: \>

Make any sense to anyone?