[Samba] Linux server, Win2k client: Almost works, what am I missing?

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Wed May 15 18:52:02 GMT 2002

I don't use NT or win2000, but, this sounds like you are failing Test #10 in
DIAGNOSIS.txt in the source documents.
It suggests you enable encrypted passwords on the samba server.
Maybe you didn't do the hack properly. I would look at tcpdump during the
log on to see if you are really sending passwords in the clear. (BTW, I have
never tried this particular trick, but, it sounds easy.)

Joel