[Samba] Srtring Overflow Error in Samba 2.0

Ward, Richard (DNRE/MRNE) Richard.Ward at gnb.ca
Tue May 14 06:11:03 GMT 2002

In my var/log.smb file I am getting the error:

String overflow by 18 in safe_strcopy  [adaigle ahenry ajleblanc     ]  a
long list

My share is setup with the list of valid users  i.e.
valid users =  user1  user2  \
	         user3  user4
writeable =yes

Is there some limit to the number of users listed this way.  A bad character
in there?

Some users are not getting their drives mapped.  Running Solaris 2.6 on a
SUN box.

Thanks for any ideas on this.

Richard Ward

Richard Ward
UNIX & NT Administrator
Technology Planning & Support
Department of Natural Resources and Energy
Ministère des Ressources naturelles et de l'Énergie
E-mail: Richard.Ward at gnb.ca
Tel: (506) 453-7136
Fax: (506) 453-6676