[Samba] How to mount a samba partition in Linux?

Cecil Westerhoff cwesterh at wanadoo.nl
Tue May 14 03:35:02 GMT 2002

I have installed Samba 2.2.1.a. From windows it works allright. From Linux I
can browse with smb://server. But I do not have write permissions. When I
open a console and in this console enter the command smbclient
//server/folder I do have write permissions. Someone told me to mount samba
with mount -t smb -o username=***,pasword=*** \\192.168.0.1\folder
/destination, but when I do this I get mount: fs type smb not supported by
kernel. What do I need to do to get it working?