[Samba] AIX 4.3.3 MR9 SAMBA 2.2.1a runs slow

tony lay tonylay at hotmail.com
Mon May 13 10:44:05 GMT 2002

Greetings,

We've been running samba for half a year and are running into problems with
samba.  We run NT 4 clients and it takes a good 20 seconds to go a folder
deep now as opposed to the almost instentanious display of folders that we
had before.  Some of the clients can't even connect at this point and we are
getting this error in windows:

CLIENT SIDE
"\\SMBSERVERNAME is not accessible
The remote computer in not availiable"

In the PDC event log I keep running across the following WARNING
DATE   TIME       SOURCE  CATEGORY  EVENT  USER  COMPUTER
x/x/x  x:xx:xxPM  Rdr     None      3013   N/A   <PDCNAME>

The redirector has timed out a request to CPIPT-1.

SERVER SIDE
Outside of the normal logging on the server side nothing appears to be out
of the ordinary, however, I do have limited experience with this system.
The only errors appear to be the ananomous access requests that happen when
NT tries to weasel it's way back on without authentication.

ENVIRONMENT
NT4 clients
AIX 4.3.3 MR 9 on 7025-F50 server
10/100 network behind firewall

-If anybody can assist I would really appreciate it.  Feel free to directly
contact me at <tonylay at hotmail.com> and I will post a summarry back when
resolved.

Thanks in advance,

Tony