[Samba] Samba - cannot print multiple copies

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Fri May 10 16:01:02 GMT 2002

I do not have that option for notepad, but I do for wordpad. I get two copies when I ask
for it. No problem.

Here is my smb.conf file for my printer.  Don't be mystified by the long
print command. That is just to capture the print job name for debugging
stuff and to get a decent display of the job name in the windows print
queue. I mean, who need to see

The command is really just: /usr/bin/lpr -Pps  -J"$a"  %s; rm %s

where a is captured from the J variable passed by windows to the samba
server. Otherwise, the name is just too long to display, sometimes. If you
don't use the %J variable, you get the silly smbprn.000400.CFI7Uf name.

[ps]
	comment = Filtered for Z53
	path = /tmp
	read only = No
	create mask = 0700
	guest ok = Yes
	hosts allow = 192.168.
	printable = Yes
	printing = lprng
 	print command = echo %J %p %s  >>  /tmp/junkJ;\
	               echo This is truncated $a >> /tmp/junkJ;\
                       /usr/bin/lpr -Pps  -J"$a"  %s;\
                       rm %s
	lpq command = /usr/bin/lpq -Pps
	lprm command = /usr/bin/lprm -Pps %j
	lppause command = /usr/sbin/lpc hold z53 %j
	lpresume command = /usr/sbin/lpc release z53 %j
	share modes = No

Joel