[Samba] Samba does not work over masquerade

Neil Aggarwal neil at JAMMConsulting.com
Fri May 10 15:27:03 GMT 2002

Hello:

I am using iptables to masquerade my machines behind my DSL
connection.

I am trying to access a samba share on a remote machine.

When I try to connect to the samba share with my computer
plugged into my hub (and therefore masqueraded by my linux
router), I cant connect to the share.

But, if I plug my computer directly into the DSL modem,
I have no problems with samba.

So, it looks like samba does not work from a masqueraded
machine.

Has anyone been able to set this up?

Thanks,
	Neil.