[Samba] Can't add users with smbpasswd to LDAP

Alexander Skwar ASkwar at DigitalProjects.com
Thu May 9 07:03:03 GMT 2002

»Bradley W. Langhorst« sagte am 2002-05-09 um 09:47:05 -0400 :
> did you put give the admin password to samba with the smbpasswd -j
> switch?

Uhm, no.  I used smbpasswd -w.  What's -j?  Uhm, my server should be the
PDC, so I don't want to use -j, correct?

> are your sure that your administrator is named "Admin"?

?  I'm trying to create a new user, and out of no reason, I named it
"Admin".

> run the search samba is running using ldapsearch and see if you get what
> you expect.

Well, it doesn't get anything, so, yes, it's getting what I'd expect,
since the user doesn't yet exist.

Alexander Skwar
--
How to quote:	http://learn.to/quote (german) http://quote.6x.to (english)
Homepage:	http://www.iso-top.de      |    Jabber: askwar at a-message.de
   iso-top.de - Die günstige Art an Linux Distributionen zu kommen
                       Uptime: 3 days 22 hours 26 minutes