[Samba] called name not present

Monica Medeiros monica.medeiros at tropiconet.com.br
Wed May 8 12:16:02 GMT 2002

	During TEST 3 of /usr/local/samba/doc/samba/docs/textdocs/DIAGNOSIS.txt ,
	"Run the command "smbclient -L BIGSERVER" on the unix box. You should get a list of available shares back",
	no password is required and I get a "session request failed" with "called name not present" :

		added interface ip=x.x.x.x bcast=x.x.x.x nmask=x.x.x.x
		session request to BIGSERVER failed (Called name not present)
		session request to *SMBSERVER failed (Called name not present)

	I start smbd and nmbd as daemons and netbios-ssn port is in a LISTEN state using "netstat -a".
	I have directories where samba keeps its log and lock files (/var/samba/locks and /var/samba/logs)

	Thank you for some help .

	Mônica
	mailto : monica.medeiros at tropiconet.com.br