[Samba] Can't get MSDFS to work, help!

Shirish Kalele kalele at samba.org
Sun May 5 19:55:02 GMT 2002

Hi Pierre,

I just tried this out here and it works fine. Must be a problem with your
setup.

Can you map the smbhost share directly without dfs? Are the dfs symlinks
readable by the user on the Unix machine?

It shouldn't matter whether the server name in the dfs link is a netbios
or dns name. In the links you have, the last one (ntdb4) is the
recommended way.

A glance through a level 10 samba log might give you some clues..

Cheers,
Shirish