[Samba] Hallo Du....

abartlet at samba.org abartlet at samba.org
Fri May 3 06:29:02 GMT 2002

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 10:09:34AM -0600, Ivan Van Laningham wrote:
> Hi All--
> abartlet at samba.org wrote:
> >
> > On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 07:13:38AM -0400, Jerry M. Howell II wrote:
> > > just how the hell did this get on this list???
> > >
> > > grrrr
> > >

> > I understand its quite simple - it doesn't 'look' like spam - in particular
> > it wasn't just HTML (one of the main tests for spam)
> >

> But the listowner hasn't disallowed posting by non-members.  Mailman
> doesn't have any way to disallow attachments or to disable HTML, so the
> best spam protection is to a) allow posts from members only; and b)
> restrict access to the membership list to the listowner only.

I think the current setup is fully intentional.  As a user support list,
we cannot place such a restriction.  Would you really want to get this list's
full volume just to post questions?

As far as spam goes, we have wasted much more time and bandwidth with this
e-mail than that spam ever did.  Find the delete button, and use it regularly.

Any further discussion should be taken up with the listmaster,

Andrew Bartlett