[Samba] Error---semaphore timeout period has expired

David Loegering dloegering at magnumlog.com
Wed May 1 14:57:02 GMT 2002

I get the above error on Windows NT 4.0 and Windows W2k computers connected to a Linux RedHat 7.2 Samba server.  Is there a setting I need to change to eliminate this?  It only happens when the Samba server is under stress with a lot of connections.  When this error occurs the workstation will break contact to the Samba server and corrupt the indexes on database files we use.  Could it also be a network card driver not functioning properly?  Guessing here.

David A. Loegering
Network Systems Engineer
Magnum Companies
1817 great Nothern Dr