[Samba] Computer accounts & Win2K

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Fri Mar 29 13:24:02 GMT 2002

On Fri, 2002-03-29 at 15:57, mdt-tech-mailbox at shaw.ca wrote:
> There are appropriate entries for the machine account in both
> the /etc/passwd file and the /etc/shadow file.

what about /etc/smbpasswd?
you might try removing the machine from the domain and
cleaning out those files, restarting samba
then re joining the domain just to be sure you
don't have an SID problem

> I don't know if the Samba 2.2.1 RedHat RPM that comes with the
> distribution was compiled with support for shadow passwords enabled,
> but assume it must have been since shadow passwords are enabled by
> default on current RedHat systems.  I suppose I could check the SRPM
> file ...

oh - i didn't get that bit about 2.2.1
try upgrading to 2.2.3a
much progress has been made recently in regard to samba as PDC.

I'm going to test moving to samba 3 tonight to try to get group
mapping and power user capability for people on their desktops...

brad