[Samba] NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED after successfully joining domain

Herb Lewis herb at sgi.com
Thu Mar 28 16:38:04 GMT 2002

Gerald Carter wrote:

> On Tue, 26 Mar 2002 CSBURRIS at ci.tacoma.wa.us wrote:
>
> > I'm having exactly the same problem with Samba 2.2.3a on Solaris. HELP!
>
> What command did you use to join the domain?  I just noticed that
> it looks like smbpasswd is trying to resolve '*' when you run
>
>    root# smbpasswd -j <DOMAIN> -r '*' -U Adminidtrstor%xxxxx

Don't forget that using smbpasswd with -U is broken on big-endian
systems in 2.2.3a. You need to get CVS for that to work or create the
account with Server Manager and don't use -U

Herb Lewis                               Silicon Graphics
Networking Engineer                      1600 Amphitheatre Pkwy MS-510
Strategic Software Organization          Mountain View, CA  94043-1351
herb at sgi.com                             Tel: 650-933-2177
http://www.sgi.com                       Fax: 650-932-2177