[Samba] Windows 2000 Sharing option disappear

Gareth Blades gareth.blades at webscreen-technology.com
Sun Mar 24 06:48:07 GMT 2002

It sounds like a permissions problem to me. By default when a user logs into
a domain they only have 'user' rights on the local machine and a standard
user does not have permission to share folders. When their local user was
created they must have been given extra priviledges.

To cure this run up user manager on the local machine and add the domain
users group into the local 'power users' group.