[Samba] scaling problem

Acosta1,D. DAcosta at ocwen.com
Thu Mar 21 11:33:08 GMT 2002

Using version 2.0.7 on a Solaris 7 machine we are able to have 1000 users
connect to a share with no problems.
Now with 2.2.0 and Solaris 8 we have problems around 450 connections.

Also smbstatus does not have a shared memory section in it any more.
Are there some global variables we should look at?

Are there issues with samba and Solaris 8 IPMP?

Thanks,
Dave

NOTICE OF CONFIDENTIALITY

This E-mail message and its attachments (if any) are intended
solely for the use of the addressee hereof. In addition, this
message and the attachments (if any) may contain information
that is confidential, privileged and exempt from disclosure
under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient of
this message, you are prohibited from reading, disclosing,
reproducing, distributing, disseminating or otherwise using
this transmission. Delivery of this message to any person other
than the intended recipient is not intended to waive any right
or privilege. If you have received this message in error, please
promptly notify the sender by reply E-mail and immediately delete
this message from your system.

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com