Subject: [Samba] roaming profiles depending on user

David Mulcahy david.mulcahy at eseol.co.uk
Wed Mar 20 08:43:02 GMT 2002

Hi

I don't consider myself an authoritative expert on samba so this may well
work.  However I remember trying something similar and I always received
errors from the user who didn't have a folder (eg your folder doesn't exist
logging you on with a temp profile instead) and the local profile was always
renewed so no settings were saved.  If you can live with the error messages
at logon and you use a mandatory profile then great.

Again I may have done something wrong or set folder permissions wrong.  I
don't know so try it and see how you get on.

I certainly welcome it if it works, and let me know how you do.

David