[Samba] Quick question on adding Winbind/NIS groups to a Samb a ACL

Noel Kelly nkelly at tarsus.co.uk
Tue Mar 19 22:15:04 GMT 2002

Bill-

Key point is that you need to be the owner to manage ACLs through the
Windows GUI.  Try and create a new file so you are the owner of it and then
manipulate the ACLs.  Or chown and existing file so you are the owner.  You
cannot use the 'take ownership' NT route.

Check out the 'force user = root' setting - we use it for creating
admin-only shares.  Root can do anything of course.

Hope this helps a bit,
Noel