[Samba] samba --with-pam install problems

flitjens flitjens at home.nl
Mon Mar 18 13:23:05 GMT 2002

Hello all samba-people,

I am trying to install samba on my Redhat 7.2 Linux server using next
configure options:

./configure --prefix=/usr --libdir=/etc --with-lockdir=/var/lock/samba
--with-privatedir=/etc --with-swatdir=/usr/share/swat --with-pam
 --with-mmap

After make all I receive severeal compiler errors in the file

nsswitch/pam_winbind.c

One of several errors is that PAM_SERVICE_ERR is undeclared. I installed
the pam-devel-0.75-19 package and have the following files in my

/usr/include/security/

_pam_aconf.h
pam_appl.h
pam_client.h
_pam_compat.h
pam_filter.h
pam_macros.h
pam_misc.h
pam_modules.h
_pam_types.h

The define PAM_SERVICE_ERR is defined in _pam_types.h. Above you can see
that the file is available on my system. On the other hand if you open
nsswitch/pam_winbind.h you can read that the headerfile pam_modules.h is
only included if the flag HAVE_SECURITY_PAM_MODULES_H is defined. This
headerfile is responsible for including _pam_types.h wich expaines the
compiler error.

My question is:

How do I define HAVE_SECURITY_PAM_MODULES_H

Many thnx for helping me out!

Frank Litjens.