[Samba] moving drivers database

Peter Blajev peter at castandcrew.com
Mon Mar 18 09:43:05 GMT 2002

"Gerald (Jerry) Carter" wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Peter Blajev wrote:
>
> > I've uploaded about 15 drivers to our SAMBA-2.2.1a print server
> > and now I'm installing a new server and I need the
> > same drivers uploaded there.
> >
> > Is there any way to do that without upload the drivers one by one
> > from a NT server.
> >
> > I created all shares and directories and copied $lockdir/nt*.tdb
> > files from the old print server to the new one. Also I copied
> > the print$ directory but enumdrivers still give me no result.
> >
> > Any suggestions are highly appreciated
>
> enumdrivers in rpcclient is broken right now....
> Do you see any drivers show up from the windows native tools
> (printer properties window)?

Sorry for the delay,

after I sent my first message I discovered that getprinter shows me the
right driver then I tried printer properties and it shows me the right
driver too. I tried to install a few printers and everything went well.

So I'm able to download drivers and install printers just enumdrivers
is not working. It's inconvenient from sysadmin point of view but it's
not critical.

Also we have about 100 printers installed and enumprinters command
returns: result was NT_STATUS_BUFFER_TOO_SMALL.

On my other print server I got:
rpcclient $> enumprinters
rpc_api_pipe: cmd 26 on pipe 7021 failed to return data.
result was NT_STATUS_UNSUCCESSFUL

Is there any way to fix that? I know there is a problem with enumprinters
when you have large amount of printers installed. Is this fixed yet?

Thank you
Peter