[Samba] smbclient broadcasts thru eth0 only

M Fox m1f2o3x4 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 15 23:00:04 GMT 2002

I'm running redhat 6.2 with samba version 2.0.6
I'm mounting a smbfs to see my Windows share from my linux box.  This works
when
my firewall is down.  When I bring the firewall up I can no longer mount the
share because smbclient only broadcasts through one NIC (eth0) but not through
the other (eth1)  eth1 is my interface to my internal network and eth0 is my
interface to the outside world so I need to get smbclient to talk thru eth1.  I
tried editing smb.conf, adding the line
    interfaces = eth0 eth1
but this didn't help.
What do I need to do?