[Samba] Windows 98 and samba

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Wed Mar 13 16:43:58 GMT 2002

Are you using encrypted password on Samba?
Depending on how old your Windows 95 machines are, they may not require
encrypted passwords.  Windows 98 always does (unless you apply the registry
hack, see the docs)
I believe that the encryption (or lack thereof) needs to match, server
to client,
even if there are no passwords involved.