[Samba] Samba as Wins Server and PDC issue

Frank Gunawan Wibisono fgw at jake.com.au
Tue Mar 12 17:38:02 GMT 2002

Samba Issue:

I have samba 2.2.3a + RH 7.2 running as PDC for NT 4 Server (not workstation). All servers running as workstations. I configured samba to work as wins server as well and configure dhcp scope to point wins to this samba server. I also have a Win NT 4 Domain controller running on the same subnet (with different domain name of course).

Every day several users / not all would complain that they are not able to log into the samba domain controler. Here is the log that I find when that happens.

rpc_server/srv_netlog.c:api_net_sam_logon(206)
api_net_sam_logon: failed to marshall NET_R_SAM_LOGON

api_rpcTNP: api_netlog_rpc: NET_SAMLOGON failed

If I restart nmbd service then everything will be allright.

Has anyone experience the same issue ?