[Samba] SAMBA is locking users on NT

karin.wickert at delphiauto.com karin.wickert at delphiauto.com
Mon Mar 11 16:25:03 GMT 2002

We have samba installed on our Unix (Tru64) box, but we are facing a very
irritating problem. There is a network drive mapped on NT to allow each user to
access their own Unix home directories, and there's a line in the smb.conf file
saying that the password server is one of our NT servers. It works fine most of
the time, but once in a while (like 5 times a week!) when a user tries to access
that network drive he's immediatly locked on NT. Unlocking him on NT is a
workaround, but not the solution. Have you faced this problem before? Any ideas?

Config:
Samba version 2.0.0beta4
Unix Tru64 4.0D
NT 4 SP6