[Samba] Re: Multiple samba servers, 1 smb.conf.include file

Fri Mar 8 08:35:03 GMT 2002

On Wed, Mar 06, 2002 at 01:12:26PM -0800, Karyn Joseph wrote:
> I am wondering if there is anyone else running multiple samba servers
> sharing out the same files.  And if so, do you know of any mechanism to
> ensure the file locking is working across both share environments.

That won't work, as Samba does not really use the underlying posix locking
calls to do its locking. Sharing the same directory from 2 different smbds has
to fail. But you could use 'netbios aliases' and achieve much of the same
effect.

Volker