[Samba] Re: EpsonC80 printing problem

Tykodi, Paul Paul at intermate-us.com
Thu Mar 7 08:49:09 GMT 2002

Dear Roberto,

As shipped, Win 98 OSR2 doesn't offer an LPD service as part of its TCP/IP
protocol stack. Thus I assume your mention of "lpr'ing" in your post means
re-directing the output to a Samba shared printer.  When running Samba, you
should be able to access the printer from Linux via the typical Windows
Shared printer method. If you believe this has successfully been
accomplished, you would want to make sure the data you were sending to the
printer was in the Epson ESC/2 Raster format of printer data stream. This
version of Epson printer language is created by the appropriate Epson C80
print driver. It happens that this particular model of Epson inkjet printer
doesn't support PostScript. If a PostScript file (or text file not converted
to Epson ESC/2 Raster format) was sent to it, the blinking green light and
no output would be the correct result.

Best Regards,

/Paul
--