[Samba] (no subject)

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Tue Mar 5 13:58:03 GMT 2002

On Tue, 5 Mar 2002, K J wrote:

> NT machine. I’ve been able to mount to other NT
> machines without any problems using the command below:
>
> % mount -t smbfs -o username=jj,password=pp -o
> domain=kppo //ntmachine112/new-folder  /samba/k-drive

What makes you think there is an option named 'domain' ?
Try using 'workgroup' instead.

mount -t smbfs -o username=jj,password=pp,workgroup=kppo ...

If your smb.conf already contains kppo as workgroup then this adds
nothing, and your problem is something else.

> Someone told me I had to figure out how to dynamically
> add myself(my linux machine) to that domain
> controller.

No. You don't have to be a member of the domain to access a machine in it.

/Urban